The city of Sunderland features a wonderful mixture of Georgian, Edwardian and Victorian architecture, and our 7th century St Peter's Church, residence of 'the father of English history' the Venerable Bede, has been nominated for World Heritage Status.
The city centre is a short walk from literally miles of sandy beaches, and there is a year-round diary of cultural events and activities.
Some of Sunderland's arts and culture activities:
- See an internationally-acclaimed exhibition at the National Glass Centre
- Catch a West-End show at the Sunderland Empire
- Watch the Red Arrows at the annual Sunderland International Airshow
- Dance to your favourite bands at Split Festival
- Breathe in the scent of 2,000 tropical flowers at the Sunderland Museum and Winter Gardens
For more information on entertainment and events in the City of Sunderland go to VisitSunderland.com.