Tips for Clearing
Before you call
- See what courses we have available in Clearing. The full list will be on our Clearing webpage.
- When you see a course you’re interested, click through to read the course profile to find out exactly what the course involves.
- If you’ve got any questions about the course, write them down. That way you won’t finish the conversation with a Clearing adviser and realise you’ve forgotten to ask something crucial.
- Have a look around the University of Sunderland website to find out a bit more about the university. Have a look at what scholarships you could be eligible for, and where you might be living.
During the call
- Make sure you have your UCAS ID number and your qualifications with you when you make the call.
- If you can’t get through straight away, don’t give up. Lines are likely to be busy so please do keep trying.
- When you talk to an adviser, treat it as a mini interview. We want to recruit enthusiastic students who will thrive on their chosen course, so we’ll be asking some questions to find out a bit more about you.
If you’re offered a place
If you’re offered a place you can accept it immediately, or you can take some time to consider.
We can hold a place for you, but we can’t hold it indefinitely. If you want to take some time to talk to your family and friends, let the Clearing adviser know and ask how long they can hold the place for you.
Remember that there will be lots of other students in the same situation as you, so it’s only fair that we give your place to someone else if you don’t get back to us in time.