Arts & Design
Arts & Design, within the Faculty of Arts, Design & Media is one of the leading research areas at Sunderland. Our research, with increasing international reach, is key to curriculum development and through research-related reach-out, impacts upon aspects of the region's cultural and economic life. Research activity, clustered around themes, has led to the development of the following research groups and centres:
- The International Research Centre for Calligraphy (IRCC), 2006,
- Design4Science (D4S)
- space/socialspace Fine Art at the University of Sunderland
- Glass & Ceramics: The Institute for International Research in Glass (IIRG), founded in 1998.
- North East Photography Network
- The CRUMB research centre for curating new media art, 1999 works across all departments.
- Animation as therapy
- W.A.L.K. (W.A.L.K. Walking, Art, Landskip and Knowledge) co-founded by Prof. Brian Thompson, Dr. Tim Brennan and Dr. Mike Collier.