Department of Psychology
Why study Psychology at Sunderland:
- Our BSc (Hons) Psychology, BSc (Hons) Psychology with Counselling and MSc Psychology courses are accredited as conferring eligibility for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership with the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Psychology was rated as "excellent" by the Centre for Higher Education Development, Germany
- Psychology in the Top 10 in the UK and best in the North East for Academic Support - National Student Survey 2013
- Psychology National Student Survey 2009-2013 - Best in the North East for overall student satisfaction. With such a consistent record you can have great confidence in the quality of our course
- Psychology rated 4th in the UK (out of 110 UK-wide) for Teaching Excellence - Sunday Times University Guide 2013
read more ...
We offer a range of undergraduate (with Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership of the British Psychological Society) and postgraduate degree courses, as well as research degrees, in a stimulating and varied learning environment. Our staff have research expertise and reach-out interests in wide-ranging areas of Psychology and are involved in a number of projects.