English language requirements
You need a minimum level of English language skills in order to study at the University of Sunderland.
If English is not your first language you should have at least one of the following qualifications (or equivalent) as a minimum:
- TOEFL score of 550 or above for Paper Based Tests or 87 Internet Based Tests
- British Council IELTS band 6 or above
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) grade C or above
- Cambridge Certification in Advanced English (CAE) grade C or above
- O-Level English Language or GCSE English Language grades A,B or C (UK Exam board)
- Malaysian SPM 1119, grade 6 or above (only grades 1,2 or 3 are acceptable for Law)
- Degree in English
If you have another qualification not listed above, contact the International Office for advice.
If you do not have the necessary level of English you may need to take one of the University's English and Foundation courses before you begin your course.
If you have any questions about your English Language requirements, contact the University of Sunderland's International Office: firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0) 191 515 3000