Principal Lecturer Teaching and Learning
I am passionate about effective curricula design and developing pedagogies and learning environments that engage and support students on their learning journey.
I am also an experienced senior lecturer, programme leader and facilitator in change, leadership, coaching, developing effective individuals and teams and improving organisational design and performance through people.
My teaching background lies primarily in leadership and management development, organisational behaviour and development and change.
Teaching and supervision
I lead and teach on a range of courses including the Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership and Change, Leading from the Middle and Change and Personal Transformation. I also teach on undergraduate courses including BA (Hons) Leadership and Management Practice. I supervise student projects on these courses, and adopt an academic coaching model in doing so.
Research interests for potential research students
- Perceptual positioning of managers and its influence on leader behaviour
- Developing leader capacity through leader development
- Leader identity and leadership
- Enhancing student engagement through embedding a learner centred paradigm in teaching and learning
- Understanding the student perceived satisfaction antecedents of blended learning approaches