Research Fellow in Human Factors
Teaching and supervision
- Professional Engineering Management Practice
- Project Managment Planning and Control
- Final Project
- Managing People and Project Leadership
- Research Skills
- Masters Projects
Research interests for potential research students
Drivers Visual Search: New vehicle formats and integration of information into the driving task.
- Validation of a three dimensional multiple object tracking system for the development and transfer of enhanced perceptual skills and situational awareness in driving.
- Technology enhanced driving: the impact on road traffic collisions.
- Young driver acceptance and trust in new innovative on-board vehicle technologies.
- User acceptance of Hydrogen Fuel Technology in the transition phase.
- Drivers visual search and functional ability during on-road driving: age vs experience.
Baglee, David, Scott, Helen, Potts, Rita and O'Brien, Roger (2019) An Investigation of Acceptance and E-Readiness for the Application of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Technologies to Maintenance Training in the Manufacturing Industry. International Journal of Mechatronics and Manufacturing Systems. ISSN 1753-1047 (In Press)
Scott, Helen, Hall, Lynne, Litchfield, Damien and Westwood, Diane (2013) Visual information search in simulated junction negotiation: Gaze transitions of young novice, young experienced and older experienced drivers. Journal of Safety Research, 45. pp. 111-116. ISSN 0022-4375
Knowles, Michael, Scott, Helen and Baglee, David (2012) The Effect of Driving Style on Electric Vehicle Performance, Economy and Perception. International Journal of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles, 4 (3). pp. 228-227. ISSN 1751-4088
Scott, Helen, Knowles, Michael, Morris, Adrian and Kok, Dirk (2012) The Role of a Driving Simulator in Driver Training to Improve Fuel Economy. Proceedings of Driving Simulator Conference Europe 2012. pp. 313-325. ISSN 0769-0266
Conference or Workshop Item
Kok, Theodorus, Morris, Adrian, Scott, Helen and Baglee, David (2015) The Use of Markov Chain Analysis for Rule-Based Power and Energy Management Optimisation in Electric Vehicles. In: European Battery, Hybrid and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Congress, 2-4 Dec 2015, Brussels, Belgium.
González-Ortega, David, Scott, Helen, Javier Díaz-Pernas, Francisco and Knowles, Michael (2014) 3D Computer Vision and Wireless Sensor Applications in an-experimental Study on Electric Vehicle Driving in Roundabout Negotiation Scenarios. In: European Electric Vehicle Congress, 3-5 Dec 2014, Brussels, Belgium.
Baglee, David, Knowles, Michael, Morris, Adrian and Scott, Helen (2013) A roadmap for the development of the next generation of reliable and dependable ultra-low carbon vehicles. In: 4th Hybrid and Electric Vehicles Conference, 2013, London.
Baglee, David, Knowles, Michael, Morris, Adrian and Scott, Helen (2013) The role of electric vehicles in developing a sustainable urban transport policy. In: 4th Hybrid and Electric Vehicles Conference, 2013, London.
Baglee, David, Knowles, Michael, Morris, Adrian and Scott, Helen (2013) The role of local authorities in EV uptake. In: 4th Hybrid and Electric Vehicles Conference, 2013, London.
Stradling, S, Broughton, P, Burgess, C, Fylan, F and Scott, Helen (2011) Diversion from prosecution courses: retuning the crash magnets. In: Road Safety Great Britain Annual Conference 2011, 15-16 Nov 2011, Chester.
- Visual search and age-related functional ability
- Applied Behavioural Change Techniques (BCTs)
- Driver training and evaluation methodologies
- Human factors and automotive design
- Project Management
- Full member of The British Psychological Society (MBPsS)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Associate member of the Institue of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Full member of the Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM)
- Partner on the EU funded HYACINTH Project (Hydrogen Technology Acceptance in the Transition Phase) Fraunhofer Germany; CNH2 Spain CIAMET Spain; CIDAT Spain; RCBT Slovenia; I Plus F France; University of Leeds UK; University of Aberdeen UK
- Partner on UK funded collaborative Project TED (Technology Enhanced Driving - Young Driver Safety) Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) Satsafe Technologies & Pickup Infinity