Principal Lecturer: Associate Head of School Social Sciences
I am a Principal Lecturer and Associate Head of School in the School of Social Sciences. I am a Programme Coordinator for the innovative Integrated Foundation Year which brings together 57 courses from across the University. I am particularly interested in supporting students through their transition into higher education and equipping them with the skills to navigate the demands of degree courses.
My first degree is in History and Religious Studies and I also have postgraduate/masters level qualifications in Media and Cultural Studies and Education. I have extensive experience of programme design and management and academic leadership.
I am an accredited Workplace Mediator and a member of the Staff Mentoring Scheme.
Teaching and supervision
I am Module Leader for LLS221 Students As Tutors which provides students with 'real-world' experience. I also supervise a range of student projects at Stage 3.
Research interests for potential research students
Conference or Workshop Item
Cook, Freda and Lambton, Anne (2019) 'Appyness': A creative tool for pedagogical engagement. In: University of Sunderland Resarch Conference, June 2019, University of Sunderland. (Unpublished)
Dawson, Maria, Cook, Freda and Lambton, Anne (2014) 'Active Engagement Strategies: Students as Co-creators of Knowledge'. In: EDULEARN14: 6th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies, 7-9 Jul 2014, Barcelona, Spain.
- Programme design, analysis and management
- Cross curricular and faculty liaison
- Project management
- Critical thinking
- Effective leadership
- Mediation and conflict resolution
- Dawson, Maria, Cook, Freda and Lambton, Anne (2014) 'Active Engagement Strategies: Students as Co-creators of Knowledge'. In: EDULEARN14: 6th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies, 7-9 Jul 2014, Barcelona, Spain.
- Lambton, A, (2014) Authenticity In Leadership: Keeping It Real, paper presented to the Women in Leadership Conference, University of Sunderland.
- Lambton, A. (2012) Practical Spirituality: The role of spiritual intelligence in teaching and supporting students, paper presented to the British Association for Spiritual Studies.
- Lambton, A. (2010) Spirituality, Values and Virtues: Identifying behaviours in Higher Education, paper presented at EARLI SIG Religious and Spiritual Education, Malta.
- Lambton, A. (2003) An Audit of the skills and employment experience of asylum seekers and refugees, a paper presented to the University of Sunderland.
- Contributor to Called to Saints Lent Course (2002) Churches Together in Britain and Ireland
- Lambton, A. (1999) Quaker Saints?, a paper presented at Ushaw Theological College.
- Lambton, A, (1999) Feminism and Quakerism, unpublished research.