Senior Lecturer Adult Nursing
My teaching and academic interest is focused around Pre-Registration Adult Nursing Practice. I am Deputy Programme Lead for Adult Nursing Practice and Module Lead for the Year 2 - Application of Evidence Based Practice for Nurses module.
I am a Senior Lecturer, Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) and Registered Nurse Teacher (RNT) with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. I also supervise dissertation students on a wide range of courses and modules.
My clinical expertise is in District Nursing Practice and I have a specialist interest in Wound Care, Medicines Management and Interprofessional Education.
Teaching and supervision
- Deputy Programme Leader: BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing Practice
- Module Leader: Application of Evidence Based Practice for Nurses - NRS200
- Interprofessional Learning Coordinator: Adult Nursing
- Personal Tutor: BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing Practice
- BSc (Hons) Dissertation Supervisor
Impact evaluation of staff weekly lunchtime ‘Huddle’ as part of my MA Advancing Quality, Safety and Governance in Health and Social Care studies.
- Community Nursing Practice
- Wound Care Management
- Medicines Management
- Publication in 2016 -
- Potts, K. (2016) Verification of death: what nurses need to know. Nursing and Residential Care, 18(3): 158- 160.