As a University, we are committed to ensuring that our researchers know and understand what is expected of them.
At the University of Sunderland we comply with the formal agreement or ‘concordat’ about standards and integrity in UK research. The concordat embodies commitments that will assure Government, the wider public and the international community that research in the UK continues to be underpinned by the highest standards or rigour and integrity.
Under the concordat, we have five commitments:
- To maintain the highest standards of rigour and integrity in all aspects of research
- To ensure that research is conducted according to appropriate ethical, legal, and professional frameworks, obligations and standards
- To support a research environment that is underpinned by a culture of integrity and based on good governance, best practice and support for the development of researchers
- To use transparent, robust and fair processes to deal with allegations of research misconduct should they arise
- To work together to strengthen the integrity of research and to review progress regularly and openly
Please contact Martin Finlayson, Head of University Research Office, for more information on, and any concerns relating to, research integrity:
Tel: +44 (0)191 515 3065