Who can apply?
- Current students and graduates of the University of Sunderland who have a business idea or freelance venture.
- International students are not eligible to apply.
- International graduates who are endorsed on the Start-up Visa scheme can apply within the first six months of their Start up Visa.
- You don’t need to be a registered business, but must be committed to testing and launching your business within six months of application to the fund.
- We can support businesses up to 12 months from the start of trading.
- You will be offered Enterprise Place support alongside your grant and you must be prepared to engage with the support available to you.
How much can I apply for?
The fund is a competitive pot of money with a limited allocation for each round. Awards will be made up to a maximum of £1,000. The panel have the ability to make partial awards where they feel appropriate.
Guidance for applicants
- Please ensure you complete all questions on the application form.
- Make full use of the word limit given for each section.
- The panel will be looking for a clear and thorough explanation of your business/idea. What is your offer? Who are your target customers? How will you reach them? How will you make money?
- Include a clear rationale for the items you are requesting in your proposal. Why it is essential for your business to launch/operate?
- You may include any images, portfolios or additional information to support your application.
- A full business plan is not required.
- The panel will compromise of the Enterprise Place team as well as an independent representative.