Already registered? Log in here.
Using Your Personal Information
We are collecting your title, first name, surname, email, school and school postcode (teachers and advisors) who visit the online digital outreach site. We are collecting this data to monitor who is engaging with this site. This data will also be used to contact you (teachers and advisors) for feedback or to promote other events available to you from the University of Sunderland.
The legal basis for processing this personal data is consent, which is obtained through your submission of this online form.
Your personal information will not be shared with any third party external to the University of Sunderland. Your personal information will not be transferred internationally.
Your personal information will be stored securely on the University provisioned storage. This information will be administered by Home Recruitment unless you advise us you no longer wish to access the service or after 3 years and will then be destroyed.
Your rights under GDPR
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, you have 8 fundamental rights as follows:
- The right to be informed The University is obliged to provide you with information on how we plan to process your data, we do this by means of a privacy notice. The University does this in order to process your personal data in a transparent manner.
- The right of access You as the data subject have a right to access the personal (and supplementary) information that we hold, you also have the right to be made aware of and to verify the lawfulness of processing undertaken.
- The right to rectification If you find that we hold incorrect or incomplete data about you, then you have the right to request this information is rectified.
- The right to erase This right enables you to request deletion or removal of your personal data when there is no longer a compelling reason for its continued processing.
- The right to restrict processing Under certain (defined) circumstances you have the right to request that we restrict the processing we undertake using your personal data.
- The right to data portability You have the right to request your personal data, which is held electronically, to be provided to you in a reusable format, such as a .csv file.
- The right to object You have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or in the performance of a task in the public interest (including profiling). This also applies to direct marketing and purposes of scientific / historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
You have the right to object to your data being used in automated decision making or profiling.
In the first instance we would ask that you contact the department within the University that is processing your personal information. The contact details for this department can be found in the first section of this notice.
If you are unhappy with how your request has been handled, or have not received a response from the individual department, please contact the Data Protection Officer either by email or by post. The email address for the Data Protection Officer is email@example.com.
Should you still feel that you request has been handled inadequately, you have the right to complain to the supervisory authority in the UK, this is the Information Commissioners Office, details of how to complain can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.