“Very good project for the business! Ximena is now part of the Cellular team. Sales and revenue have been increased every month due to the KTP outcome as well customer satisfaction. Great range of customers from a variety of sectors. A win-win partnership for businesses! A no-brainer really!”
Derek Curtis – Managing Director
“KTP is a great opportunity for recent graduates to enhance their knowledge of real-life commercial problems!”
Ximena – KTP Associate
“Excellent opportunity for academic staff to engage with the industry and test their experience, test their knowledge!”
David Nelson – Senior Lecturer in the Faculty of Computer Science
Cellular Solutions were making small bespoke software customisations projects through a great length of repetition.
The main achievement of the KTP was the creation of a new agnostic development platform (an agnostic development platform can be deployed on any operating system and can be used to create applications targeted at any technology platform) that created various project frameworks; highly extensible with a plethora of templates and significant sophistication.
An unexpected outcome of the KTP project is the embedding of an Agile methodology alongside the PRINCE2 project management methodologies into the organisation. This has rationalised the Company’s processes. The result is a change to company culture with the introduction of weekly brainstorming events to look at future marketing opportunities.
- R&D tax credits
- Technical knowledge and understanding of the market has been significantly improved within the business
- A more agile methodology and philosophy have been adapted
- 25% growth based on the KTP outcomes
- International expansion via a global reach
- Challenging project that has dramatically increased her capabilities and knowledge
- Great research has made her more competitive
- Post KTP, her responsibilities are to manage this new segment of the business and work on efficiencies and improvements
Academic Partner’s benefits:
- Further MCs programmes have been created
- Placements have been increased
- The KTP project has strengthened the relationships between private and public sector to an optimal level
- Relevant research has increased the University’s industry awareness and has dramatically helped to increase applied research