Jump to accessibility statement Skip to content
ReciteMe accessibility toolbar button

Immigration compliance

The University‚Äôs Immigration Compliance team are on hand to advise you on all the documents that you need to provide before we can assign a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS).

We are here to support you every step of the way, and these pages have been designed to help you with any questions or queries you may have.


Types of visas to study with us

There are two types of visa that you can apply for to study in the UK. Learn more about them.

Find out more about the types of visas

Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)

The majority of international students who apply to study with the University of Sunderland will require a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS). You will then use this CAS to apply for your Student Visa. Find out what documentation you need to give to us.

Learn more about CAS

Immigration History Form

The Immigration History Form tells us about any previous study you have undertaken in the UK and if you have ever received a visa refusal from the UK or any other country. Learn more about it.

Find out about the Immigration History form

English Language evidence

We will ask you to provide us with evidence that you meet the Home Office English language requirements. Learn more about what forms this might take.

Learn more about English language evidence

Financial evidence

Unless you are a national whereby providing financial evidence is not required by the Home Office, we will want to see that you have enough funds to meet the Student Visa maintenance requirements. Learn more about the evidence the UK Home Office will typically accept.

Find out more about providing financial evidence

Passport request

We will ask you to provide us with a scanned copy of your passport. Learn more about how to do this.

Find out more about passport requests

Contact us

The Immigration Compliance team are on hand to help answer your questions about all the steps you need to take in order to be issued a CAS. Find out how to contact us.

Contact us