Modules on this course include:
Dosage Forms and Pharmacokinetics (20 credits)
- You will cover different types of dosage forms, advanced physiology, preformulation, pharmacokinetics and quality control tests.
Delivering Gene and Therapeutic Proteins (20 credits)
- You will gain an overview of advances in biotechnology, protein purification, gene, protein and vaccine delivery. You will also gain essential background knowledge for evaluation and analysis of protein formulations.
Essential Research and Study Skills (20 credits)
- This module covers research design and methodology, good manufacturing practice, laboratory safety standards, ethics in research, and organisational and communication skills.
Research Manipulation (20 credits)
- This module covers the skills for writing research proposals, managing research projects and disseminating research outputs.
Nanotechnology (20 credits)
- In this module you will cover the formulation of nanoparticles, chemotherapeutics, polymer therapeutics, drug eluting stent development and drug delivery via the nose and inhalation.
Bioinformatics (20 credits)
- You will study computational and statistical methods used in chemical analysis and quality control.
Research Project (60 credits)
- You will complete a research project under the supervision of a recognised expert in the relevant field. You may have the opportunity to complete the project in collaboration with a pharmaceutical company.
Some modules have prerequisites. Read more about what this means in our Help and Advice article.