Modules on this course include:
Essential study skills, dosage forms and pharmacokinetics (30 credits)
- You will cover different types of dosage forms, advanced physiology, preformulation, pharmacokinetics and quality control tests. You will also cover research design and methodology, good manufacturing practice, laboratory safety standards, ethics in research, and organisational and communication skills.
Delivering Gene and Therapeutic Proteins (30 credits)
- You will gain an overview of advances in biotechnology, protein purification, gene, protein and vaccine delivery. You will also gain essential background knowledge for evaluation and advanced analysis of protein formulations.
Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology (30 credits)
- In this module you will cover the formulation of nanoparticles, chemotherapeutics, polymer therapeutics, drug eluting stent development and drug delivery via the nose and inhalation. It will also cover the skills for writing and presenting posters and managing mini research projects.
Bioinformatics (30 credits)
- You will study computational and statistical methods used in chemical analysis and quality control.
Research Project (60 credits)
- You will complete a research project under the supervision of a recognised expert in the relevant field. You may have the opportunity to complete the project in collaboration with a pharmaceutical company.
Some modules have prerequisites. Read more about what this means in our Help and Advice article.