Year 1 (national level 4):
- Essential Study and Employment Skills (20 credits)
Develop your ability to ‘learning to learn’ and to consider the start of your personal and professional development as potential managers and leaders.
- Introduction to Marketing (20 credits)
Understand the core concepts of marketing including the marketing concept, marketing research, market segmentation and targeting, marketing mix – 4P’s to 7P’s and marketing planning.
- Introduction to HRM and Talent Development (20 credits)
This module will present the notion that the effective organisation and deployment of human resources is essential to its survival and growth. The module will introduce students to the cornerstones of HRM cycle.
- Introduction to Accounting and Finance (20 credits)
Examine three key areas within the field of accounting and finance; financial accounting, management accounting, and business finance. Address financial accounting including the fundamental accounting concepts and conventions, and understanding, interpretation, and preparation of key financial statements.
- Introduction to Managing and Leading People (20 credits)
Develop an understanding of the foundations for the study of management and leadership by presenting the dimensions of the study of management.
- Introduction to Business Operations and Services (20 credits)
Study the processes, techniques and practices which allow a Business to ‘function’ including decision making and services.