Year 1 (national level 4):
- Personal and Professional Development (20 credits)
Develop key study and employability skills essential for academic and professional success. Increase your awareness and understanding of the processes involved in learning and professional development.
- Sport and Physical Activity in Contemporary Settings (20 credits)
Identify contemporary issues in sport and physical activity. Explore how political, economic, social and cultural factors shape practices, values and ideals in sport and physical activity.
- Principles of Sport and Exercise Psychology (20 credits)
Study key concepts from theories and models and their application to health-related physical activity, exercise and sport performance. Demonstrate knowledge of psychological theories, models and assessments and explain their relevance.
- Principles of Physical Education and Sports Coaching 1 (20 credits)
Learn how to design, deliver and reflect on teaching and coaching sessions suitable for children aged between 4-11 years. Take an introductory look at approaches to teaching and learning and the underpinning theory that supports delivery in a practical setting.
- Principles of Sport and Exercise Leadership (20 credits)
Focus on issues that impact upon leading, coaching, instructing and exercise related sessions. Investigate the roles of the coach and instructor, qualities and requirements of the effective coach and instructor and the psychological, physiological and sociological factors that influence them.
- Professional Practice in Physical Education and Sports Coaching 1 (20 credits)
Support and deliver physical education and sports coaching sessions. Reflect on the range of activities undertaken in a professional placement environment.
Some modules have prerequisites. Read more about what this means in our Help and Advice article.