Lecturer in English: Creative and Professional Writing
I hold a first-class BA (Hons) English degree from University of Sunderland. I have been teaching at the University, in various capacities, since 2019. I teach BA (Hons): Creative and Professional Writing and MA English Studies with a background in teaching creative writing and literature.
I also hold two postgraduate qualifications in education (Post-Compulsory Education and Secondary English) and have Qualified Teacher Status.
I am currently a PhD researcher. My topic is Metempsychosis in the Novels of David Foster Wallace. My research areas of interest are: intertextuality, Irish literature, American literature, Postmodernism, Modernism, and the New Sincerity movement.
Teaching and supervision
- CPW105 The Business of Writing
- CPW201 Texts and Contexts
- CPW202 Regional Writing: Literature
- CPW204 Submitting Prose and Poetry
- ELL392 The Play's the Thing: Shakespeare's Dramatic Genres
- LITM65 The Global City: Modern To Postmodern
- CWR304 Writing the Novel (interim)
I also provide teaching, support and feedback for the following modules:
- CPW101 Reading and Literature
- ELL370 Advanced Study (English Literature)
Research interests for potential research students
- Irish literature
- American literature
- New Sincerity movement