If you are an estranged student, then our We Care Team can help
Every one of our students is different and unique. That’s why we’ll work with you to create a personalised support package. We aim to support you in making informed choices, settle in quickly at university, enjoy your student experience and achieve your potential.
We can also support you if you are just thinking of applying to university by assisting you with all aspects of the application process from course choices, feedback on a personal statement to interview tips and hints. We can accompany you to university Open Days, arrange an individual tour or simply meet up for a chat.
Wendy Price, Head of Widening Access and Participation, is our dedicated contact for estranged students and is assisted by David, Lauren, Safeenah, and Jess. The We Care Team can offer individual, bespoke support whenever you need it. Any contact is kept confidential and your choices are respected at all times.
We can provide personalised support based on your individual needs. This could include the following:
- Accompany you to university events such as Open Days, individual tours, Applicant Days, interviews, and graduation.
- Help you to move in and show you around campus when you start university
- Act as a central point of contact for you throughout your studies supporting you with any issues or concerns you might have. You can meet with us one-to-one for a coffee and a chat or contact us via phone, email or Microsoft Teams. We can offer support every day that the University is open.
- Meet with you at the start of each academic year whether you’re new to the University or new to our support
We offer support with the following:
- Accommodation 52 weeks a year
- Student finance and funding
- Employment and part-time work
- Academic queries such as taking time out of your course
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Accessing the ‘We Care’ bursary of £2,000 for each year of study
If you have any questions about studying at the University of Sunderland, or the support available, please contact the We Care Team on 0191 515 2216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
96.4% of students who received support from the We Care Team* rate our support as good or very good.
*Data from 54 respondents to University of Sunderland We Care Survey 2023.