A learning and sharing event for people with a learning disability, autism, family carers and support staff in Sunderland.
- Activities and workshops to find out what you can do to stay healthy and how to get the right support.
- Learn about Point of Care testing which is about easy ways of checking for different health conditions.
- Find out about health screening and where to get support if you are worried about your appointment or test.
- Self-advocates will be talking about the Be Cancer Aware project and how you can get involved.
- Find out about the Stop and Watch tool to help spot early warning signs when a person is becoming unwell.
- Talk to different health staff and ask questions that are important to you.
There will be lots of information to take away. We hope that this will help you if you have a question after our event.
This event is organised in partnership with People First and is funded though the All Together Better Sunderland Fund.