The University of Sunderland’s Corporate and Professional Education team welcomes you to join a host of expert speakers for a conference focusing on the contemporary and relevant issues which surround investigative interviewing.
Presented at the University’s Sir Tom Cowie Campus at St Peter’s, the day will begin with practiced speakers from University of Sunderland, including Gary Shaw MBE, as well as representatives from the National Crime Agency, College of Policing and Police Scotland.
Time will also be allocated for networking, with attendees and speakers welcome to socialise, browse a range of showcasing stands and enjoy the lunch provided.
Speakers and topics for the day are confirmed as below:
- Gary Shaw MBE, Professor of Professional Practice – Interviewing Significant Witnesses and Pre-Interview Briefing with Legal Advisors
- Emma Spooner, Programme Lead BA (Hons) Applied Investigation – Current Investigative Interview Related Research
- Andy Smith, National Interview Advisor – National Policing Lead on Investigative Interviewing Perspective
- Kevin Smith, National Vulnerable Witness Advisor – Achieving Best Evidence Updates and Interviewing Vulnerable Witnesses
- Laura Farrugia, Lecturer and Programme Leaders for BSc Forensic Psychology – Interviewing Vulnerable Suspects
- Alistair Irons, Academic Dean, Faculty of Technology - Introducing Digital Media within the Suspect Interview
- John Wyllie, Head of International Development and Innovation, Police Scotland - Scottish Development of Law and Practice within Suspect Interviews
- David Morgan, Workforce Transformation and Professional Development Adviser, College of Policing – Recognised Prior Learning
If you’re wishing to showcase through a stand at the event, please contact Kerrie.Wilkinson@sunderland.ac.uk to discuss this further.