The Cultural Spring has launched a series of online arts workshops. The project’s Online Winter Workshop Programme features creative writing, singing and crafts.
There are five workshop programmes:
- Winter Writers – starts Monday, November 23, fortnightly until March 29, 2021, and led by writer and tutor Amanda Quinn. All materials provided and no experience is necessary;
- Folking Around the World – led by experienced tutor Sinead Livingston. These singing-focused workshops will include stories about the different countries the songs come from and will start on Thursday, November 26 and will continue weekly until Thursday, February 11;
- Christmas Street Gallery: Creating and Showing Work for Your Window – 40-minute sessions led by Eleanor Matthews, all on Tuesday, November 24. These sessions run four times during the day so participants can select a morning or evening slot;
- Christmas Cards: Surreal Collage – also led by Eleanor Matthews, these 40-minute sessions will be on Tuesday, December 8, again with four sessions during the day;
- Winter Lights: Installations for Your Home – Eleanor’s last workshops will be on Tuesday, January 12 (40 minutes) and will guide participants through recycling Christmas lights into new light installations. There are four different time slots from which to choose.
The workshops are aimed at people living in Sunderland and South Tyneside, and are run on a pay what you can basis.
If you wish to make a donation, you can decide the amount that is right for you. There is no pressure to make a donation. If you’re not in a position to make a donation you are still very welcome to attend.
To book a place, go to www.theculturalspring.org.uk/workshops
The Cultural Spring aims to increase arts participation in areas that don’t have a tradition of arts engagement. It is funded by Arts Council England’s Creative People and Places project and its four partners are the University of Sunderland; the Customs House, South Shields, Sunderland’s Music, Arts and Culture (MAC) Trust and Sangini, a women’s health organisation.