Find out everything you need to know about teacher training at our Train to Teach event.
We are pleased to announce the University of Sunderland undergraduate Education courses are ranked first in England according to The Guardian University Guide 2020.
Following on from another successful year in the School of Education, we are holding our autumn Train to Teach event to provide quality information and academic support to anyone interested in starting a career in this rewarding profession.
With primary and secondary undergraduate degrees in areas such as Mathematics and Physics and a proven track record of high quality teaching and support, we would love to welcome you to our event. The event will go over in detail the routes into teaching, the governments Qualified Teacher Skills Tests (and other conditions) alongside our academic teaching staff who will talk through our teacher training degree courses.
Our students come from a wide range of subject areas, all of whom wish to make a positive difference to a child’s life, this event is the beginning of your journey into teaching.
This is a brilliant opportunity to have all of your questions answered by our range of teaching professionals.
You’ll get the chance to:
- Attend presentations on the different teacher training routes and funding available
- Speak to teaching experts to receive one-to-one advice on your training options
- Talk to practising teachers about life in the classroom
- Talk to current students about what life on a teacher training course is really like
- Meet representatives from our partner schools who deliver school direct teacher training throughout the region
- Find out about all our courses and their entry requirements