Published: 1 June 2020
Terms and conditions – 2020/21 (Semester 1 – September and October)
The University may permit agreement of a payment plan for new international students from Egypt, Indonesia, Ghana, Nigeria, Morocco, Lebanon, India and Jordan.
Students who are eligible to pay their tuition fees by instalments will automatically have the authorisation applied to their account.
In order to access the instalment plan, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must pay a £3,500 deposit before Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) stage
- You must pay 50% of the remaining balance on or prior to enrolment and the remaining 50% by 29 January 2021
- You are a national of Egypt, Indonesia, Ghana, Nigeria, Morocco, Lebanon, India and Jordan where existing policy will apply, and
- You provide formal evidence of your ability to pay the amounts when due, eg: a bank statement approved by the University of Sunderland
- You must enter a new payment plan for each future academic year
The University’s Credit Control team will contact you if you fail to pay by 29 January 2021. In the event of non-payment, you must contact the Credit Control team directly with an explanation. Credit Control will liaise regularly with the International team to share details of payment plan requests and fulfilment thereof.
The University’s decision is final on the application of these terms and conditions and the eligibility criteria.
The option to pay by instalments will be available for the full duration of undergraduate courses.
The instalments apply to the University of Sunderland only, and not the University of Sunderland in London.