Jump to accessibility statement Skip to content

Do I need permission to work if I am an EU or EEA student?

Home / Help and advice / Info for international students / Working during and after your studies / Do I need permission if I am an EU or EEA student?

If you have applied for the EU Settlement scheme and you have been granted Pre-Settled or Settled status, you have the same working rights as a British citizen.

If you do not have EU Settlement, you will require a Student Route visa to study in the UK. Your work rights in the UK will be limited. Your allocation of hours per week during term-time will be printed on your BRP card. It is a criminal offence to breach the work conditions of your Student visa so please ensure you comply with them. You are permitted to full-time during your vacation periods highlighted on your academic calendar, and for the remainder of your visa when you complete your course.

If you have any questions about your work rights as a student, you can submit a Compass enquiry and an ISS Adviser will help you.

Published: 19 May 2021