Jump to accessibility statement Skip to content

What type of visa must I currently have so I can apply to switch to the Graduate Route visa?

Home / Help and advice / Info for international students / Working during and after your studies / What type of visa must I have?

When you apply on or after 1 July 2021, your current UK immigration status must be valid permission as a Student. Paragraph 6.2 of the Immigration Rules explains that "Student" means someone with a Tier 4 visa or a Student Route visa. You cannot switch to the Graduate route from any other type of immigration permission.

For more information, please visit the International Student Support (ISS) website. Alternatively, submit a Compass enquiry and an ISS Adviser will help you.

Published: 2 June 2021