Jump to accessibility statement Skip to content

Can I work in the UK during my studies?

Home / Help and advice / Info for international students / Working during and after your studies / Can I work in the UK during my studies?

During term-time, you must work 20 hours per week, as per the conditions of your Student Route visa. You are responsible for ensuring that you do not exceed your weekly working hours, so you must maintain detailed records of the hours that you work.

Outside of term-time, you can work full-time. Outside of term-time means:

  • Before your course starts
  • During official university vacation periods (as per your academic calendar)
  • After your course ends

Published: 9 July 2024