Daniel HentonTEL Systems Manager
I am a TEL Systems Manager within the University’s Centre for Enhancement of Learning and Teaching. Primarily I lead on the development and support of the University’s Virtual Learning Environment, Canvas. I also develop learning materials and offer support around classroom based technologies.
I completed the University’s Post Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice in 2017 and also gained fellowship of the HEA in the process. This added to my QCF Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) qualification. I also graduated with a BA Hons degree in Business Computing at the University in 2007.
I began my current role with the University in November 2012, having previously spent two years working in the learning technologies team at New College Durham as the e-Learning Co-ordinator. Prior to this I worked in customer support (technical) at Orange UK.
Teaching and supervision
- Associate tutor on the Digital Technologies module of the PG Cert AP
- Bespoke CPD sessions and programmes delivered by the Learning Technology Team
Areas of expertise
- VLE administration (including Blackboard, LearningStudio and Canvas)
- Creation and development of learning materials
- Customer Support
- Digital technologies that can be used to support and enhance the learning and teaching within the University. In particular, VLE usage and mobile learning.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (2017)
0191 515 2959
Centre for the Enhancement of Learning & Teaching (CELT)
CELT, Second Floor, St Peter’s Gate, St Peter’s Campus, Charles Street, Sunderland, SR6 0AN