The work of a Student Ambassador is varied and may include:
- Supporting our Open Days
- Leading individual visits or campus tours
- Assisting school visits to campus, including Destination Uni and Primary2Uni
- Attending schools and colleges
- Attending Higher Education fairs
- Assisting with activities both on and off campus
- Sitting on student panels to participate in audience Q&As
- Assisting with the Bright Sparks STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Maths) Club
- Working with your faculty to talk about your course
- Assisting with our Applicant Summer School
- Assisting with various marketing campaigns
- Administrative duties
Being a Student Ambassador will boost your personal and professional development by giving you opportunities to expand your interpersonal and networking skills, meet new people, improve your public speaking and gain valuable experience in a large organisation.
Students who are successful in joining the Student Ambassador team also benefit from:
- Paid casual work assignments
- Flexibility to accept and decline assignments to suit your timetable
- The opportunity to represent the University at local and national events
- The opportunity to contribute to the University's widening participation agenda
- The opportunity to meet other Student Ambassadors and join our community
Student Ambassador work is paid at a rate of £11.14 per hour inclusive of holiday pay. Correct at the time of publishing, August 2022.
We are not hiring Student Ambassadors at this time. Our next intake will be in March 2023. More information will be available then.