Students: What the Law Clinic can offer you
- Work as part of a student law firm
- Improve your client interviewing skills
- Gain experience of writing professional legal advice
- Enhance your graduate prospects with real-life practical experience
- Receive training and support from experienced staff and learn the rules and procedures of working in a Law Clinic
How the Clinic works
If staff decide that a case can be undertaken, the client will be invited to come to the University for an initial interview. The case will be assigned to a student law firm under the supervision of Clinic staff.
The student law firm will conduct an interview with the client to find out essential information about the case. The students will then consult with Clinic staff to decide whether the case can be taken on.
Research will be undertaken into the client’s legal issues surrounding the case. The student law firm will then create a letter of advice which will be sent to the client instructing on a suitable course of action.