My teaching style is to work closely with students and colleagues, co creating innovative ideas and concepts, while nurturing important ethical values.
My main research area concerns embedding entrepreneurship education within the curriculum. My professional doctorate research is developing a theoretical framework for entrepreneurship education. I am keen to use my research and teaching style to inform practice.
I have developed modules in marketing communications, global entrepreneurship, managing entrepreneurship, innovation, creativity, business enterprise management, bio-science enterprise, media business and business ethics. I enjoy the cross-disciplinary approach of the University.
One of my greatest honours was being voted ‘Most Student Oriented Lecturer' by the University of Sunderland Student Union Led Awards.
I have had the opportunity of serving two terms as a member of the University’s academic board, the highest level academic authority, responsible for standards and quality of awards which deals with high-level policy and strategy.
I am an active union member and support the work of the chaplaincy. Offering pastoral support to the University family is important to me.
Teaching and supervision
Module Leader on and off campus: SEGi – Malaysia, MDIS Tashkent, MDIS Singapore and University of Sunderland in Hong Kong (2017/8).
Integrated Marketing Communications; Managing Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Creativity; Global Entrepreneurship; Enterprise and Entrepreneurship.
Academic Tutor (2017/8): Essential Study and Employment Skills, Strategic Marketing and undergraduate dissertations.
Personal Academic Tutor (2017/8): BA (Hons) Business and Management and BA (Hons) Business and Applied Management. Providing pastoral and employability support for our student community.Visiting Lecturer on MSc Nursing Teaching, Learning and Leadership module in the Faculty of Health Sciences and Wellbeing.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Member of the University of Sunderland Equality, Diversity and Social Responsibility group
- Faculty representative and branch committee member of University and College Union (UCU)
- Member of the UCU Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) Northern Network
- Member of the City of Sunderland Partnership Hate Incident Monitoring Group
Faculty of Business, Law and Tourism
- Member of the undergraduate programme studies board
- Member of the postgraduate programme studies board
- Centre Leader Kenya
- Member of the Transnational Education Operations group
- Member of the Leadership, Human Resource and Finance team and Module Studies Board
- Member of the Marketing, Management and Strategy team and Module Studies Board