Senior Lecturer in Broadcast and Digital Media
- BA (Hons) Film Production
- BA (Hons) Digital Film Production
- BA (Hons) Media Production
- BA (Hons) Screen Performance
- MA Media Production (Film and Television)
Teaching and supervision
- Stage 1 - Production Skills (Camera, Lighting, Editing, Sound)
- Stage 2 - Moving Camera (Steadicam), Guerrilla Filmmaking, Documentary Production
- Stage 3 - Moving Camera 2 (Music Video/Short Film)
- MA - Craft Skills
I also supervise final year Dissertation and Masters practical projects.
Research interests for potential research students
I have a number of research interests:
Steadicam - Since completing the Steadicam Silver training workshop in 2009 run by Tiffen, I have worked as a freelance steadicam operator and steadicam tutor. Steadicam and moving camera compositions is an area that I am extremely passionate about.
Over the years I have taught Steadicam to hundreds of students, some of whom have gone on to become professional Steadicam operators in the media industry.
Cinematography - I have a keen interest in cinematography, specifically how compositions are created through framing, camera movement and lighting techniques, and their impact upon narrative.
Filmmaker - I am a Director, Producer and Writer. I run an independant film production company and have a number of scripts/short films in development. My specific area of interest is short horror films. My last short film was screened at film festivals around the world. I also have a keen interest in documentary and am currently in production on a documentary film.
Scriptwriter - I have been actively screenwriting for 20 years and have written many short scripts and full feature scripts.
- Fictional and Documentary Filmmaking
- Steadicam Operation
- Camera and Lighting
- Editing (Avid Media Composer)
- Colour Grading (Da Vinci Resolve)