Lecturer and Clinical Link Tutor for Adult Nursing Practice
I qualified as an Adult Nurse and began working in operating theatres specifically orthopaedic trauma and high-risk elective orthopaedics.
I am interested in continuing research in international student nurse exchange programmes and cost and efficiency improvement strategies in healthcare.
Teaching and supervision
I am a Lecturer for BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing Practice. I am also a Clinical Link Tutor for students in South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust.
I am part of the Year 1 team and the module deliverer for Foundations of Nursing Practice which includes Reflective Practice, an introduction to Interprofessional Working and the underlying principles of Nursing Practice.
Research interests for potential research students
- International student nurse exchange programmes
- Cost and efficiency improvements in healthcare
- Psychological factors leading to and resulting from orthopaedic trauma
- Orthopaedic trauma
- High-risk elective operations
- Perioperative environment
- Cost and service efficiency improvement projects with auditing
- Interprofessional learning and interprofessional working
- Hand hygiene, surgical scrub technique and infection control