Programme Leader / Senior Lecturer Learning Disability Nursing
Throughout my career, I have supported student nurses in their clinical practice as a mentor, and this role has gradually led to my current role as Programme Leader and Senior Lecturer. This is an exciting challenge for me after 30 years of clinical practice, but one I hope will encourage student recruitment to provide a future workforce of learning disability nurses.
Teaching and supervision
I am currently Module Leader for the following modules. I also teach across other professional disciplines in Health and Sciences and other modules within nursing:
- Foundations of Learning Disability Nursing
- Introduction to Evidence Based Practice
- Holistic Learning Disability Nursing Practice
- Practice Based Evidence and Evidence Based Practice
- Interprofessional Working and Leadership
Research interests for potential research students
I have currently supervised nursing students in completing their dissertations, both undergraduate and postgraduate.