Programme Leader in Health and Social Care
I am a Programme Leader in the Faculty of Education and Society where I teach across a number of courses including Health and Social Care and Social Work delivering health related topics within a biopsychosocial framework.
My research interests areas are somatic disorders, stigmatisation and inequalities in health.
I am currently completing a PhD examining ME/CFS.
Teaching and supervision
- I am Module Leader for:
- SSC106 Understanding Health and Social Care
- SSC202 Health Promotion
- SWK113 Psychology for Human Growth and Development for Social Workers
I also teach on:
- SSCM11 Quality Interventions in Practice Developments
- SSC330 Lifecourse Approaches in Health and Social Care and Ageing
- SSC302 I supervise dissertation students in areas including PTSD, Somatic Illness and Mental Health in their final year of undergraduate study.
Research interests for potential research students
- Somatic symptom disorders
- PhD - ME and the true self: Stigmatisation of living with an invisible illness ME/CFS