I have completed an Access Course, can I apply to study at the university?

Home / Help and Advice / Applying / Entry requirements and qualifications / I have an Access Course, can I apply to the uni?

We welcome applications from those who are studying an Access to Higher Education course.

Most courses require successful completion of any Quality Assurance Agency accredited Access course, which must equate to 112 UCAS points, and a minimum of grade C in GCSE Mathematics and English Language or the equivalent. If you have studied for a GCSE which has a numerical grade then you will need to achieve a grade 4 or above.

There are some exceptions:

BA (Hons) Social Work and BA (Hons) Primary Education require at least three distinctions in the Access course and it must equate to 120 UCAS points.