Jump to accessibility statement Skip to content

I’m a student, how do I register my vehicle to park at the University?

Home / Help and Advice / Getting here and getting in touch / Parking at the University / What type of permit do I need?

University accommodation

If you’re living in University accommodation, you must register your vehicle. This entitles you to free parking at your contracted accommodation site. Students whose vehicles are registered at accommodation are not permitted to park on teaching campuses between 8am – 5pm on weekdays and are encouraged to use the University’s free campus bus and Connect service.


Pay and Display

If you do not live at University accommodation, you can register your vehicle to allow it to be parked on campus. This enables you to park at the reduced rate of 35p per hour (up to a maximum of £1.30 per day). Please ensure you enter your term time address. If you have any questions, please contact Facilities on 0191 515 3366 or parkingservices@sunderland.ac.uk.

Please note this email address should not be used for appeals against Parking Charge Notices.


Blue Badge

If you’re a Blue Badge holder, you can register your vehicle for University Blue Badge parking. This enables you to park for free, in designated disabled parking bays on campus. If you do not hold a Blue Badge, you must contact the Disability Support Team prior to applying for a permit. 

Please complete and submit this form.

The University operates a cashless parking system that allows staff and students to pay by the following methods:

  • Smart phone via the JustPark app which is available via Google Play or iTunes
  • Non smart phone as per directions on car parking signs
  • By paying in advance using the JustPark website here
  • By using the two cashless parking terminals at the northern entrance to Edinburgh Gateway building on City Campus or the southern entrance to Reg Vardy Centre on Sir Tom Cowie Campus at St Peter's.

Published: 22 July 2021

ReciteMe accessibility toolbar button