We are well known for being friendly, accessible and supportive. You will be taught by specialists in your chosen area and you will attend workshops and seminars working with fellow students in small groups. Your Foundation Year will comprise 120 credits made up from 5 modules.
- A 40 credit foundation module covering aspects of the subject you want to study at degree level;
- A 20 credit module which covers more specific aspects of your pathway;
- A 20 credit module to give you confidence in dealing with the essential numeracy skills required for your degree subject;
- A 20 credit project module which will relate to a topic you want to study in more depth and help develop your research skills;
- A 20 credit module in essential study skills which will prepare you with the skills and attributes required for degree level study and graduate employment.
Your Foundation Year will equip you with the skills you need to get the best out of your chosen degree and explore the various career opportunities available. You will also be supported with easy access to a range of online learning materials. Our friendly staff will support you through your course so you are fully prepared to embark upon the full degree at the end of the Foundation Year, and that support will be with you for the duration of your time with us.
Published: 18 July 2018