Research Funding Development
For academics at the University of Sunderland, we offer support at every stage of the process from identifying potential funders, responding to research calls and to submitting proposals that are persuasive and accurately costed.
How we support your applications for funding
- ‘Smart filtering’ of external research calls, with the use of Research Professional, in order to identify those opportunities that best align with the University of Sunderland’s strategic priorities
- Fast response to internal research initiatives, with identification of potential funders
- Costing of research projects via pFACT using TRAC (Transparent Approach to Costing) methodology, considering the Full Economic Cost (FEC)
- Provision of information that is often requested, such as institutional policies, VAT position and charitable status
- Advice on submission of grant applications and University authorisation for submission
- Assistance with electronic submission systems such as Je-S, E-Gap, EU participant portal and other online systems
- Project management of the application process, ensuring that applications are timely and fully supported by the relevant documentation in line with funder guidance
- Research Impact in funding applications
Additional support for Early Career Researchers
For those who are relatively new to funding applications, we offer additional support in co-ordinating inputs, editing the draft, reviewing against assessment criteria, and sourcing additional information as necessary.
We also provide enhanced support for larger projects that are strategically important for the University.
Research Development Manager
Research Development Officer