Team Leader for Marketing, Management and Strategy and Chair of PG Business programmes
I joined the University of Sunderland as a Senior Lecturer in Marketing in 2004. I became a Principal Lecturer in 2013, and Interim Deputy Dean (for one year) in 2016.
In my current role as Principal Lecturer, I am involved in the development and management of programmes, the overall student experience and a large team of academics. I undertake the roles of Chair of the Postgraduate Business Management Studies Board and Team Leader for the Marketing, Management and Strategy academic group. I have previously been Programme Leader for MA Marketing, MA International Management and BA Business and Management and held various Module Leaderships and other management and administration roles.
In the last year, I have developed new postgraduate programmes including the MBA (with Placement), MBA (Professional Practice) and MA Marketing (Professional Practice), a new accelerated degree - BSc Digital Marketing and a new undergraduate degree - BA Marketing. I have also led on the introduction and development of the new Sunderland Marketing Hub, launching in 19/20.
Teaching and supervision
Research interests for potential research students
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Communications, PR and Branding
- Marketing Strategy, Management, Planning
- Integrated Marketing Communications Pedagogy and Practice
- Integrated Marketing Communications Curriculum Development
- Integrated Marketing Communications in the Not for Profit sector
- Student Engagement and Participation (funded by the Academy of Marketing)
- Student Experiences of Peer Action Learning Sets (funded by the Academy of Marketing)
Conference or Workshop Item
Dixon-Todd, Yvonne and Hall, Lynne (2017) An Evaluation of Integrated Marketing Communications Education: Considerations, Contradictions and Conclusions. In: Academy of Marketing Conference 2016, 4-7 July 2016, University of Northumbria. (Unpublished)
Dixon-Todd, Yvonne and Hall, Lynne (2016) An Exploratory Study into the Perceptions, Acceptance and Usage of Integrated Marketing Communications in the Not for Profit Sector. In: Academy of Marketing Conference 2016, 4-7 Jul 2016, University of Northumbria. (Unpublished)
Dixon-Todd, Yvonne and Hall, Lynne (2016) The State of Integrated Marketing Communications in the Classroom: Practice, Perspectives & Prospects. In: 21st international conference on corporate and marketing communication, 7-8 April 2016, Middlesex University.
Dixon-Todd, Yvonne, Ward, Janet and Coates, N (2016) Is student engagement the to create a transformative marketing curriculum? In: The Academy of Marketing Conference, 2016, Newcastle -upon-Tyne. (Submitted)
Dixon-Todd, Yvonne, Ward, Janet and Coates, Nigel (2017) Is Student Engagement the Magic wand for a Transformative Marketing Curriculum. UNSPECIFIED.
- Marketing management
- Marketing planning
- Integrated marketing communications
- Marketing research
- Marketing pedagogy and curriculum development
- Further publications:
- Dixon-Todd, Y. (2014), Examining the Current Approaches to Postgraduate Teaching of Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC in UK Universities, Academy of Marketing Conference, Bournemouth.
- Dixon, Y. and Moss, C. (2010) “An Exploratory Study into the Use of Integrated Marketing Communications in UK Charities – Further Results”, Academy of Marketing Conference, Coventry Business School.
- Dixon, Y. and Moss, C. (2007) “An Exploratory Study Into The Use Of Integrated Marketing Communications In UK Charities”, Academy of Marketing Conference, Kingston Business School.
- Dixon, Y. and Moss, C. (2007) “An Exploratory Study into the Diffusion, Relevance and Validity of Integrated Marketing Communications in the Charitable Sector in the UK”, International Conference on Research in Advertising, Polytechnic of Lisbon.