I have published a number of books, technical reports, magazine articles and web pages over the last twenty years, covering microprocessor-based systems, computer-aided design (CAD), office software applications, programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and extensible markup language (XML).
I am currently studying for a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) qualification.
Teaching and supervision
- Foundations of Engineering, FDN007
- Energy Conversion, EAT118
- Mathematics, Statistics and Simulation, EAT239
- Control and Instrumentation, EAT238
- Foundation project, FDN002
- Undergraduate project, ENX313
- MSc project, PROM01
Research interests for potential research students
My research interests include engineering applications of information technology including microprocessor-based systems, embedded systems, electronics, computer-aided design and model-based design.
My research interests include:
- Embedded systems / microprocessor-based systems
- Electronic computer-aided design (ECAD)
- Mathematical software for engineering
- New technologies including IoT, IIoT and Industry 4.0
- Electrical and electronic engineering
- Engineering applications of Information Technology (IT)
- Microprocessor-based systems (software and hardware)
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Electronic CAD (ECAD)
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member of the IET (MIET)
- STEM Ambassador