Senior Lecturer Health Professions Education
I qualified as a diagnostic radiographer in 2006, and moved into higher education in 2011.
My current role involves education of healthcare lecturers, as Programme Leader for the MEd in Health Professions Education.
In my clinical role, I have worked in interventional radiology, cardiac catheter laboratory, and computed tomography. I also worked in medical devices where I was involved in the design of bespoke endovascular devices for patients with complex thoraco-abdominal aneurysms and dissections.
I have a previous undergraduate degree in Pharmacology from the University of Liverpool, a Postgraduate Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography, and a Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in HE from Teesside University.
I am currently studying for a PhD where my focus is on the day-to-day interactions of radiographers and other healthcare professionals. I am also a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Teaching and supervision
I am currently Programme Leader for the MEd in Health Professions Education, which also incorporates the PgCertEd which is accredited by Advance HE. I also teach across pre and post-registration courses, where my focus is on work-based learning, and supervise a number of undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations. I also have a keen interest in professional regulation and accreditation, reflective practice, qualitative research, and curriculum development.
My current PhD work focuses on factors that influence decisions made by health professionals. I have a particular interest in Actor-Network Theory and its application to healthcare research. I also have interests in qualitative research as a whole, and a particular interest in inter-professional working and evidence-based practice.
- Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- Diagnostic Radiography
- Professional Regulation and Accreditation
- Curriculum Development
- External Examiner – Postgraduate Certificate Practice Education/MA Education, Buckinghamshire New University (Sep 2022 - current)
- External Examiner – PgDip/MSc Professional Practice: Advanced Radiography Practice, University of Suffolk (Sep 2022 - current)
- External Examiner – BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography, University of Bradford (Sep 2017-Sep 2021)
- College of Radiographers – Approval and Accreditation Board (AAB) Assessor (2017-current)
- HCPC Visitor/Lead Visitor (2017-current)