Teaching and supervision
As a member of the IDL (Independent Distance Learning) team, I oversee students as a module leader (EDPM97) and as a Personal Academic Tutor (PAT) for PGCE Education IDL.
Research interests for potential research students
My specific interests include: teaching for mastery in mathematics, the use of concrete manipulatives to aid mathematical understanding, learner response systems, coding and computing in the primary school.
- NC2014 UK Primary National Curriculum
- Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 assessment (SATs)
- Teaching for Mastery in Primary Mathematics
- Applied Computing and Coding in primary schools
- Whole-school data analysis and assessment systems
- Moderation in the EYFS, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
- Designing and delivering in-school CPD