We usually require applicants to hold an honours degree or equivalent.
For those without a first degree studied in the medium of English, IELTS is required. (A minimum IELTS band score of 6.5, with 6.5 in writing, and no less than 6 in Reading and Speaking and Listening)
If you are currently NOT employed as a teacher and will be seeking a placement school please read the following before applying:
Advice to applicants seeking a placement
PGCE Education FAQs (.pdf)
Observation of experienced teachers
You should secure a minimum of two days of teaching observations per week while undertaking the Theory of Teaching 1 module. This can be in a school of your choice, and it is usually the school where you will undertake your placement.
Before applying please note:
Along with your application form, you must upload the following Supplemental application documents:
1. Postgraduate agreement form
2. Postgraduate school proposal form completed by the Head Teacher of your placement school
3. Postgraduate mentor form completed by your Mentor
You must also provide us with a copy of your degree certificate.
We accept the following as evidence of English Language:
- Transcript or certificate of your degree which clearly states you studied in the medium of instruction in English
- Letter from your University clearly stating the medium of instruction to be English
- IELTS If English is not your first language you need to send proof of IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (Applicants whose first language is not English must achieve a minimum IELTS band score of 6.5, with 6.5 in writing, and no less than 6 in Reading and Speaking and Listening.)
Without all of the above documents, we will not be able to make you an offer on this course.
Application closing date
31 August 2018 for September entry.
Please note, these dates are subject to change.