Published: February 15, 2022
Hi, my name is Moesha and I am a BSc Hons Medicinal Chemistry student. STEM subjects are, in my opinion, the most interesting subjects an individual can study. From researching microorganisms to working out the most complex maths equations to support space theorems can be quite challenging but a rewarding task.
The number of women in STEM subjects are beginning to increase, success! As a Medicinal Chemist myself, I am thrilled to see more women becoming involved with these subjects! Some of the most intelligent theories have been proven by women. The list below shows the achievements made my women in STEM subjects.
- Rosalind Franklin – She was a woman who contributed to the discovery of the structure of DNA! The most complex and significant nucleotides to ever be discovered.
- Dorothy Hodgkin – she discovered the structure of insulin! A compound which as a therapeutic agent in Diabetes!
- Katherine Johnson – she was the NASA computer! She solved NASA’s equations by HAND. BY HAND!
- Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin: She discovered the composition of stars!!
- Inga Lehman: She discovered the composition of the earth’s core!!
- Lise Meitner – Contributed to the discovery of nuclear fission!!
And the list continues…
Can you think of anyone, that has contributed a great deal to the STEM community? Share their story!
BSc Hons Medicinal Chemistry