Jump to accessibility statement Skip to content

What type of course must I complete so I can apply for the Graduate Route visa?

Home / Help and advice / Info for international students / Working during and after your studies / What courses are eligible for Graduate Route visas

You must successfully complete a relevant course. The relevant course must be either:

  • an undergraduate degree
  • a Masters degree
  • a PhD degree or other doctoral qualification

or one of the qualifications listed in paragraph GR 5.2 of Appendix Graduate of the immigration rules:

  • a law conversion course validated by the Joint Academic Stage Board in England and Wales
  • the Legal Practice Course in England and Wales, the Solicitors Course in Northern Ireland, or a Diploma in Professional Legal Practice in Scotland
  • the Bar Practice Course in England and Wales, or the Bar Course in Northern Ireland
  • a foundation programme in Medicine or Dentistry
  • a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
  • a professional course requiring study at UK bachelor’s degree level or above in a profession with reserved activities that is regulated by UK law or UK public authority.

For more information, please visit the International Student Support (ISS) website. Alternatively, submit a Compass enquiry and an ISS Adviser will help you.

Published: 2 June 2021