Jump to accessibility statement Skip to content

Who can I contact if I am having difficulties with my studies?

Home / Help and Advice / Support / Academic support / I am having difficulties with my studies

Published: 22 July 2020

You will be allocated a personal tutor when you begin your course. You will meet your tutor at agreed times throughout each year of the course. If you have any queries or difficulties in your subject areas you can book an appointment with your tutor for more in-depth support and guidance.

Each individual module you take will have a module leader, who can also support you with the subject matter of that particular module. 

You may also want speak to our Progression Team. There is a dedicated Progression Officer for each Faculty in the University who are available throughout the year through drop-in sessions and one-to-one appointments. The team can support and guide you both pastorally and academically and can refer you on to other services at the University. You can get in touch with them via Compass, on 0191 515 2600 or at progression.team@sunderland.ac.uk.

You can also access advice and support from the University of Sunderland Students’ Union, including the SU Buddies Scheme and Wellbeing Champion.

ReciteMe accessibility toolbar button