Mental health support
Our wellbeing service is for all students. You can refer yourself to the service, or someone may refer you to us with your knowledge and agreement. We ensure appointments are offered as soon as possible and we always try to work around your availability.
We offer a range of tailored support including:
- Registering with a GP or local groups
- Mental health support
- Links to recovery connections onsite
- Links with accommodation and halls staff
- Healthy lifestyle clinics
Groups and workshops
We provide workshops where you can come along to boost your wellbeing, social skills and to help soothe any problems you may be having. These include:
- How to develop confidence in social situations
- Call it a Night (sleeping well) session
- Guided mindfulness session
- Bereavement support sessions
- Stress and anxiety workshop
- 360 meditation space
- Friendship evenings
You can call our support workers between the hours of 6:30pm-6:30am, seven nights a week.
All calls are free and confidential. Advisors are based on campus and will be available to answer your call and offer further support if needed.
Call: 0191 515 2451
24/7 online support
To further support you during your time with us, we have partnered with online wellbeing services, including:
- Silvercloud gives you access to online CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) programmes, tailored to your specific needs.
- Togetherall offers a community of others to share your thoughts and feelings with and access to wellbeing resources.
- Student Space offers support on mental health, studies, money, relationships, and more.
- UMII enables you to build your profile and get new matches every day to establish meaningful relationships with like-minded students.