Jump to accessibility statement Skip to content

I have a disability – how can you support me with my studies?

Home / Help and advice / Support / On-campus support / I have a disability - how can you support me?

The University offers a support service for students with disabilities and students who have a specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia.

The Disability Support team can also offer advice and guidance to students who think they might have a specific learning difficulty but haven't had a formal diagnosis.

The service is confidential and can offer practical support on accessing financial support and learning aids.

The University has a proactive admissions procedure – if you are a prospective student with a disability or specific learning difficulty you should contact our Student Administration Team at studentadmin@sunderland.ac.uk before you apply for pre-application and pre-entry guidance.

For more information visit the Disability Services website.

We have partnered with AccessAble to provide accessibility for all of our staff, students, and visitors. You can access our maps on the AccessAble website.

Published: 27 July 2023