Read our COVID-19 update.
Due to COVID-19, we had to make changes to our regular First Choice Summer School. This year our Summer School will take place as an event on our online platform. Students will have access to taster sessions and have the opportunity to engage with current students and staff. We are also running some online social activities as part of this.
The dates for First Choice Summer School will still be 1st July to 3rd July 2020.
Registration is now open. Eligible students have been invited to this event by email. If you think you are eligible to attend but have not received an invite, please email email@example.com or call 07557849725.
Who is First Choice for?
The First Choice scheme has been specifically designed to help students who are interested in continuing their studies after Sixth Form/College and are interested in studying at the University of Sunderland. Therefore to be eligible for the scheme you must:
- Have an interest in studying in higher education
- Be interested in a subject area that is available at the University of Sunderland
- Be able/expected to achieve a minimum of 96 UCAS points from your level 3 qualifications
How do you get involved?
If you think you would benefit from the scheme and want to be involved, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and get further information.
Find out how First Choice can benefit you.
What are the benefits?
- 16 tariff points to complement your offer for eligible University of Sunderland undergraduate courses*
- A guaranteed conditional offer*
- Attend a dedicated Summer School to experience university life early
- Develop vital transferable skills needed within higher education
- Ongoing support through the university application process
- Meet people from across the North East also interested in studying at the University of Sunderland
*To be eligible for the tariff point reduction and guaranteed conditional offer students must successfully complete the scheme and choose us as their firm choice before the UCAS deadline.
*Courses that require interview are not included in the guaranteed conditional offer.
What courses can the 16 University of Sunderland tariff points be used against?
Your 16 University of Sunderland tariff points can be used against the majority of our courses.
The following courses are not eligible for the tariff point reduction/guaranteed conditional offer:
- BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing Practice
- BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing Practice
- BSc (Hons) Learning Disability Nursing Practice
- MPharm Pharmacy
- BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science and Out of Hospital Care
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy
- BA (Hons) Primary Education with QTS
- BSc (Hons) Physics with Mathematics Education (11-16 yrs) with QTS
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics Education (11-16 yrs) with QTS
- BA (Hons) Social Work
- MBChB Medicine
FAQs for students
Read our First Choice FAQs for students (.pdf).
Due to COVID-19, we had to make changes to our regular First Choice Summer School. This year our Summer School will take place as an event on our online platform.
If you think you are eligible to attend but have not received an invite, please email email@example.com or call 07557849725.
Please get in touch to see how we can support you.
Tel: 0191 515 3294